The primary focus of the Divisional Sales Manager
position is the effective, efficient and consistent
implementation of the company’s operational
strategy in order to maximize sales by focusing
on people, store image, visual merchandising and
• Matric/ Grade 12
• A retail commercial management diploma/
degree would be a definite advantage
• Effective communication skills
• Outstanding leadership skills and record
• A valid Drivers licence
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of three years’ experience as a
successful* store manager or DSM in Ackermans.
(*successful refers to your store or division
achieving all its objectives; sales, stockloss, store
profit, store analysis, audit results and Phadima
spirit). It is also imperative that you have
managed your current store or division for a
period of one year.
• A thorough and practical grasp of the day to
day running of a store, the issues that a store
manager faces, and their solutions
• Knowledge of and ability to apply company
strategy effectively across all the various store
• A track record in Ackermans that has included
direct responsibility for projects – either opening
new stores, or projects to implement an
• Optimize the sales of the division of the region
through the effective implementation of business
• Generate and exceed sales budget and growth.
• Optimize profit through the effective
management of costs. (To manage cost within
• Ensure professional HR practices in staffing and
• Oversee the effective stock management in all
• Exceed customer expectations by effective
execution of the strategy.
• Ensure subordinate effectiveness through
effective leadership and clear communication and
management of job performance
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
• Implement project plans to reach the given
• Ensure a climate of productivity and positive
morale by living the Company values.
• Manage the division according to the business
plan to ensure optimal brand and store image
Subscribe to receive jobs on you're email