West Coast District Municipality strives towards rendering a dynamic and effective service to the community under its jurisdiction. As an Employment Equity employer, the Municipality’s Administration & Community Services Department offers 6 Learner Firefighter opportunities in Vredendal (3) and Vredenburg (3).Duties:
● Perform a variety of tasks associated with responding to and dealing with firefighting, emergency rescue services, rendering basic medical care, fire prevention and training activities
● Operating and maintaining firefighting equipment and apparatus
● Maintaining fire station facilities and related work as required under appropriate supervision in order to protect the lives and property of the community in accordance with the Fire Brigade Services Act, 1987 (Act 99 of 1987).
● Grade 12
● A valid Code B driver’s licence
● Fluent in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
● Attention to detail
● Must be mentally and physically fit and healthy
● Candidates will be subjected to a fitness test (Medical and Physical).
How to apply?
The prescribed application forms are available during office hours from Ms P.S. Boer, tel. 022 433 8400 or on the website atwww.westcoastdm. co.za/vacancies.html. Completed application forms, accompanied by comprehensive CVs and certified copies of diplomas/certificates/registrations and driver’s licence, are to be forwarded to West Coast District Municipality, Human Resources: Recruitment and Selection, P.O. Box 242, Moorreesburg, 7310.
Please Note: Council reserves the right not to make an appointment.No late applications or applications via fax or email will be accepted. CVs will not be returned to candidates. Canvassing will disqualify a candidate.
Should no feedback from this office be received within 60 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful
Go HERE to view post