Purpose of the Job:To provide secretarial and support function to the Warehouse Exec and his management team.Minimum Requirements:
- Must have Grade 12 and Tertiary qualification
- High level computer literacy in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic, attentive, accurate and assertive
- Deadline - orientated and dependable
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- working on MS Office
- maintain strict levels of confidentiality
- coordinating functions, meetings, venues and travel arrangements
- manage projects
- all other secretarial duties
- professionally responding to DC and/ or Retailer queries and complaints
- compiling reports, presentations and central office stats
- communicating to Retailers
About The Employer
With the 1960's emergence of grocery chains in South Africa, a group of 8 wholesalers was given the exclusive rights to the SPAR name in 1963, to service 500 small retailers.
Our three friendly store formats, which are, SPAR for neighbourhood shopping, SUPERSPAR for one-stop, competitively priced, bulk shopping and KWIKSPAR for every day convenience, cater more than adequately for all your shopping preferences.
SPAR operates under "voluntary trading" principles which means that while we encourage our retailers to take advantage of SPAR's trading power, our retailers can source goods from local traders. That is why each store has its own regional personality.Today the SPAR Group Ltd operates 6 distribution centres, supplies goods and services to almost 800 SPAR stores in South Africa. The SPAR Group listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 2005.
SPAR offers rewarding careers in the fields of sales, finance, marketing, logistics, information technology and human resources. We are constantly on the lookout for people with the right skills and attitude to join our SPAR family. We have teamed up with Career Junction, South Africa’s largest online career portal, to advertise vacancies.
Please login in to your Career Junction account below to find the latest jobs or update your cv. If you do not have a Career Junction account, please register.
Some of the career streams available at SPAR:
- Finance: debtors, creditors, accounting, administration, bookkeeping, payroll
- Marketing: procurement, advertising, promotions, customer care, sponsorships and special events
- Logistics: receiving, assembly, transport, maintenance, engineering, risk control
- Information Technology: support, programming, business analysis, software development and testing, retail systems, DC systems, training and project management.
- Human Resources: training, industrial relations, general HR, staff benefits, organisational development
- Sales: food specialists, retail consultancy, store planning, new business development